Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ranting about life



Hi there. I apologise for the lack of updates these few days as the lazy me is too indolent to blog about anything.

The purpose of me blogging this is to rant about the life that I am leading here. My friend, Poy, is going overseas next year for university as an art student; she wants to be a fashion designer. In Singapore, you have to go through Polytechnic or JC before you can go to university - or even worst, you have to start from ITE. Because of this, I encourage my second sister to follow the route that Poy is going. She likes cooking so maybe she can become student at a culinary school in the states. All she has to do is to go take the American test, and if she does pass, she would be eligible to admit into a university in the states. I ask you, does she necessary have to go through Polytechnic just for a cooking course? I think it would be better to go straight to a culinary school. However, not ALL universities do accept the American test certificate. If you are aiming for the top universities, you need the O-level certificate. I like to cook too. How I wish I can go.

In my country, life is so fucking stress. I can die from studying, let alone working in the future. Most of the students have school from 8 AM to 3 PM. After school, we have remediation from 3 PM to 5 PM. And it just doesn't end there; some people even have idiotic tuitions at night. What about the adults then? They freaking work from 9 AM to 7 PM; some even have to work longer than that. Tell me, where has the word 'fun' go to from their dictionary? This makes me want to migrate even more! Life should not be like this. In New Zealand, they end work at 3 PM. Can you see the big difference?

Singapore is too competitive, hence it is too much for me to handle. I just wish that she could slow down a little bit more. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: